"A Family of Faith”
We are a community of God’s beloved children.
Growing our faith through supportive, caring, and inclusive outreach.
Where we strive to welcome all,
as Christ welcomes us.
We are Disciples at work!
The Church started in April of 1851 on the banks of the Pudding River and was known as Bethany Church. The first church building was built in 1858 and was close to Bethany Cemetery.
Silverton Christian Church was organized in October of 1887 from the Bethany Church of Christ. In September of 1889 property was purchased on Jersey Street for $130 and the church was built.
The old property was sold to the Lutherans on February 10, 1906 and is now the Calvary Lutheran Church building.
On November 20, 1892 the name of The Church of Christ was taken. Dedication of the building was in 1902. In 1907 the First Christian Church on First and Park was first occupied.
Present property was purchased for $10,000 in 1960. Groundbreaking was on September 29, 1962. The Pastor at that time was Rev. David Kullowatz. Olaf Paulson was head of the building fund campaign. Dale Moore became Associate Pastor leading the youth.
May 26, 1963 was the first time the congregation worshiped in the new church sanctuary. It was officially dedicated on June 23, 1963.
The second wing of the new church was completed in July of 1966. In 1967, the Jim Beard Memorial Fund furnished all the carpet in the new addition.
In June of 1966, Rev. Dale Moore returned to the church as pastor. He was pastor for 20 years.
In September of 1999, Rev. Steve Knox was called as pastor and served for 20+ years.
In July of 2022, Rev. Eric Eide was installed as our current pastor.